Buellton Senior Center/SYV Community Outreach
The Santa Ynez Valley Senior Citizens' Foundation was founded to promote the common good and general welfare of the senior citizens and other members of the Santa Ynez Valley by providing nutritional, recreational, and transportation resources.
The Santa Ynez Valley Senior Citizens’ Foundation’s [Buellton Senior Center] vision is to meet the needs of seniors, as shown below, and others in Buellton, expanding into the nearby areas of the Santa Ynez Valley. The Buellton Senior Center especially seeks to recognize and meet the needs of those who are homebound and have no family to care for them.
The Buellton Senior Thrift Store is a well-known community resource sponsored by the Santa Ynez Valley Senior Citizens Foundation. The Thrift Store is open 7 days per week from 11am-3pm. Located at 56 West Hwy 246, Buellton, CA 93427 (Corner of Hwy 246 and Central Ave). All proceeds go to the "Meals On Wheels" program. The Thrift Store garden is beautiful all year but most especially in the spring. Get involved as a volunteer or consider donating your treasures to the store.
Services SYV Community Outreach offers:
- Nutrition – feeding seniors 7 days per week.
- Recreation – Getting together for social activities, and exercise.
- Sharing – talking with someone who cares. (For the love of one.)
- Service opportunities – Thrift store, volunteer opportunities to make lives more meaningful. Being able to give back to the community.
- Seniors make crafts at home.
- Protection – providing a secure environment for seniors, both at home and at the Center, with someone to call when help is needed.
- Bus passes and rides to needed places (like doctors).
- Medical – Getting to their doctor appointments, taking their medicines.
- Acknowledgment – Birthdays, accomplishments & other.
- Health care services – providing information about community health care services, especially to seniors.
- Communication – To let seniors know what is going on , and a sense of community.
- To develop amongst the board, the staff and volunteers an understanding of what is.
- Presence – becoming a larger force in the community; the community becoming more aware of the presence and needs of seniors.
164 W. Hwy. 246
Buellton, CA 93427
Email Buellton Senior Center/SYV Community Outreach
Visit the Website
Business Type: Dining:Health & Wellness:Nonprofit:Retail